Friday, September 2, 2011

Detox

I have wanted to do some form of detox for ages, to restart my body and mind. I know full and well that living the college student life of drinking and fried foods did more than pack on 100lbs over the last 10 years. I know the drinking has slowed and clouded my mind. I know I don't recall things as I used to and I don't feel anywhere near as quick as I used to be.

I'm not looking for a quick diet, although of course any weight loss is surely appreciated. I've really thought about this over the last 3 years and I've tried sober months and Weight Watchers. Nothing really fit what I wanted to do, and I never felt the great clearout I want.

I'm loosely going to follow the "Fat, Sick and nearly Dead" detox of just drinking vegetable and fruit juices out of a juicer. if you've not seen the movie you should, it's inspirational to improve yourself physically. It's part of a long list of movies I've seen over the last couple years that focus on our food, health, and the impacts of all the chemicals and "food science" we eat.

My intention is to start this for the Labor Day Weekend, then see what I feel.

It's not yet been 12 hours since I had lunch. I had a real lunch.. the last for at least a couple days. I'll see what the morning is like. The lack of solid food and caffeine is going to be a real test of my will.

I also plan to weigh myself in the morning. That might be shock enough to stay with this. Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment