Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Road to Simplicity or Minimalism

I've been trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" in my life for years. Ask anyone who knows me, and it's guaranteed that I have spent a night on the soap box espousing the desire to have less.

Yet every time I turn around, I've acquired more things; books, PDF files, Music files, Pictures, gadgets, network equipment, kitchen equipment, cookbooks. Those just the things I see around me right now.

So I thought if I documented it, maybe I would stick to it. No one ever reads my blog, so why not use it as a journal. I've also deleted and recreated this dozens of times.

I think as I pair down I'll document it. The best parts are already gone, the 50 power cables and 24 audio cables. The 25 network cables are still around though!

Right now I'm paring down the music collection. It was 25GB+ last week. I discovered my love for Spotify, and it's now 11GB. Heading down from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment